Here at New Wave Martial Arts we hope you find what you desire in martial art. With our high quality instruction we hope to help you achieve your goals. Our classes run over the Plymouth and Cornwall area. Our classes are for age four and upwards and we always encourage families to train together.
People train in martial arts for all sorts of reasons, such as, to learn self defence, become fitter, build confidence, to make new friends, to compete or just to have fun. Here at New Wave Martial Arts we have that to offer and much more, so have a look around our website and come along to class for your first two lessons which are absolutely free.
This policy covers:
· the types of information we collect about you
· how we collect and use it
· who we might share it with
· the steps we’ll take to make sure it stays private and secure
· the rights to your information
New Wave Martial Arts(NWMA) is a Members only sports club.
If you have any concerns regarding data that we hold or that you think we might hold then please let us know. We take storage of all data seriously, please contact your Instructor Mr Mark Bishop on 07736 320834
The information we collect:
We will only collect information from you that is relevant to the matter that we are dealing with. We will collect personal information from you, your family and your children to enable us to provide services that best meets your needs, such as:
· Personal contact details that allows us to contact you directly such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers
· Date of birth
· Membership start and end date
· Child protection and safeguarding
· Learning, development and special educational needs and or disability
· Records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us
· Any credit/debit card and other payment details you provide so that we can receive payments from you and details of the financial transactions with you
· Records of your attendance at any events hosted by us
· Images in video and/or photographic form and voice recordings
· Details of emergency contacts/records and assessment of any grading or competition results, details regarding events attended
Special Categories of personal information:
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information regarding you:
· Information about your Physical or mental health details
· Criminal convictions
We may use your information for the following purposes:
· Provision of education and training
· Providing information, signposting, guidance and support
· Promotion of our goods and services
· Maintaining auditable accounts and records
· Supporting and managing staff
We will only use your information where we are allowed to by law e.g. carrying out an agreement we have with you, fulfilling an obligation because we have a legitimate business interest or where you agree to it.
Who we can share your information with:
We will not share your information with third parties unless you have given explicit consent to do so or it is essential to completing the transaction you have undertaken with us.
How long we will keep your information:
The length of time we will retain your data will vary according to what the interaction was with us. We will adhere to a data retention policy and timetable and ensure that all data no longer required is destroyed in a safe manner.
Your data will be stored safely.
You have a number of rights relating to your information. e.g. to see what we hold and to update incorrect or incomplete details, to object to or restrict processing of it, to make a complaint etc.
Please contact the Data Protection Lead as referred to above for more information.
Feel free to get in touch and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
2021 © All Rights Reserved. New Wave Martial ArtsSite by Website by Anything I.T.